Archive for the ‘Forum’ Category
SUSPECTED CHILD ABUSE REPORT
To Be Completed by Mandated Child Abuse ReportersPursuant to Penal Code Section 11166
Forms and Instruction Click Here
If you suspect child abuse, YOU MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
- Immediately call Child Welfare Services at
(805)781-KIDS (5437) or 911. San Luis Obispo County
(800)367-0166 Hotline or (805)683-2724 After Hours or 911. Santa Barbara
(805)677-5403 or 911. Ventura
- Complete and file a Suspected Child Abuse Report, #SS8572.
- Retain a readable copy of the SCAR Report.
- YOU are responsible for making this report. DO NOT
ALLOW your supervisor/principal to make the report for you or
assume because another co-worker has some of the same information
that they will make the report.
- Do not attempt to investigate, interview or interfere with the
information you hold.
- Remember that you are to report SUSPECTED abuse – you
are not required to have witnessed or have complete
proof of the incident. You are obligated by law to
report what you observe or what you are told that caused
suspicion the child is being physically, sexually or
emotionally or neglected. When in doubt, call CWS or law enforcement
and get their input about the scope of your report.